Image Map

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pork Carnitas and some Chipotle Copycat Recipes

Well, my husband and I love Chipotle…who doesn't?! So I have been wanting to try my own version.  While I know it's hard to compete with his favorite bowl, I had to try.

His response?

Make again!

So, basically for me to reference and share with you lovelies, here are the recipes I used to re-create this tasty dish.  Obviously, you can clean it up a bit by using chicken (pork butt is pretty fatty) and the dressing is not "clean" but using it sparingly by drizzling was pretty darn good!

I also did white rice; I normally make myself brown but I admit, I was being lazy.  So I'd like to try it out next time around!

I was thoroughly impressed with all three of these recipes that I used.

Honey Chipotle Dressing Copycat Recipe

It made a little more than would fit into here, so you definitely have more than enough!!




Cilantro Lime Rice Copycat Recipe

Pork Carnitas

I will admit I didn't have fresh oranges for the pork, so I just used a bit of orange juice.  I loved the smell of all the spices coming together and my house legit smelled like Chipotle.  It literally fell apart and I easily removed all the fatty pieces and threw it all back into the sauce for a delicious taste.  I did not broil the pork, but maybe I'll try that next time around. I was pretty beat by 8:00pm when I was getting ready to serve dinner, as I made it on Joe's late night.

I also have been looking into rice cookers because they seem really handy and easy to use, and well, those words are right up my alley when I think about life with a newborn and toddler! My hubby loves his rice and I really need to stop buying microwave rice.  #ashamed #yaheard

Do you have any copycat recipes to share!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)