Image Map

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Happy 6 Years Little Blog

Six years ago today, I sat at our kitchen table and decided to give this thing a try.  I had decided to stay home as a new wife, and not return to school as a teacher that year, but to stay home and be a housewife. We were incredibly happy with that decision and although some people couldn't understand why, Joe and I did what was best for us.  Looking back I 'busied' myself, but really it was a nice little reprieve from the daily grind and the hard work that was to come.

By 2012, we found out I was pregnant and this sweet little blog became my online pregnancy journal.  I shared my monthly/weekly updates and all news baby.

In 2013, we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into this world.  In typical fashion, my blog turned into a mommy blog where I shared her monthly stats, what I enjoyed doing with her as a now stay at home mom, and life.

Enter 2014 and I now became pregnant with our second, and learned how to manage a home, take care of a one year old and still be a happy wife.

2015 brought us our amazing son and now I had two kids, two and under! I often say I miss that baby phase, only because it goes by so incredibly fast and usually mom, you're in a fog.  Sleep deprived and heart full, you run on what little sleep you get and before you know, your youngest is one.

The year 2016 my family almost lost my sister, but she was saved.  Our oldest daughter started preschool and Joe and I were able to get back to Vegas one more time.

Now?  Here we are in 2017.  I haven't had nearly enough time to share my thoughts, stories, photos, etc. here on the blog, but I do what I can.  I also feel a shift in me, my writing and where I'd like to go.  What started out as a fun little hobby, turned into so much more.  I connected and bonded with likeminded ladies when I first made my blog.  It was mostly women who were happily married to their husbands.

Some of my closest women friends were made from blogging.  Women that I would have never ever knew existed unless I chose to put myself out there and create this silly little thing.  For that, I am eternally grateful.

It's kind of funny to think back to where I was 6 years ago---old blog posts are a little more than old time hops. To see what I felt, what I said, how I was spending my time...it's eye opening! I suppose the best part is to see how much I've grown.  I have so much further that I want to go, but the Jenn from 2011 and the Jenn now in 2017 are quite different.  Isn't that the point though?  We have so much to learn and soak up in this great big world, I can't wait to see where the next 6 years take me.

So thank you, readers.  Maybe you've read every blog since I started back in 2011, or perhaps you just stumbled onto my post today.

Stay with me, as I have big plans.  They'll be different, but different is good.

Happy Birthday Bliss to Bean.



8 comments:

  1. Happy 6 years! Looking forward to seeing the different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 Years!!! I've been here for ALMOST all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you!! I'm honored to hear that! :)

      Delete
  3. The post is quite important and worth for me. Looking for best trusted site to Buy Instagram Followers Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for giving this beautiful blog, it was so great to read and beneficial to develop my knowledge as an updated one. Buy YouTube Subscribers India

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)