Image Map

Thursday, September 29, 2011

You know it's going to be a wonderful day when...

Hubby always likes his eggs scrambled. 3 of them and a dash of milk.  I on the other hand, enjoy my egg sunny side up. I like the yolk to be dunk-able, but not too runny.  Some mornings I break the yolk and sigh of disappointment, and sit down to an over-done egg.  It still feeds me, but it's not ideal.

This morning, however, I walked away from my egg, only to return to this:

Are you kidding me?!  I dream of this and today, it happened!

My mornings are not crazy, but I do get up and iron Joe's work shirt and pants.  I run down the stairs to start the bacon, if I remember to have it on hand, (lately I feel like we have put bacon on everything, so I forgot to take it out of the freezer!) and get out our vitamins, pour the OJ, scramble his eggs, let the dogs out, feed them breakfast, serve breakfast and start my coffee.  This routine used to only happen in the summer, but this year I decided to take a leave from teaching.  As much as I loved the kids and the curriculum, there were some downfalls and leaving my family, (yes, a husband and two furbabies count!) and house were the biggest.  

So now my wake up is not a 4:30/5:00 am alarm clock.  There is no 45 minute commute and a barrage of stress that came along with all that.  I am a lucky girl, to have married a man whose values and ideals are similar to mine.  It doesn't work for everyone, I know.  Perhaps I won't love that I am "just a housewife" come winter or spring...but for now, I can speak for my family, it more than works for us.  I can cook full meals for my husband who needs proper nutrition more than most.  I can let the dogs out of their crates, take them on walks, play with them and tire them out, instead of leaving them alone for hours on end.

 Sadie & Holly, my little furry loves

I'm very aware of how fortunate we are to be able to do this. It's so nice to have a happy home with happy beings in it! I always knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom and I look at this as a step towards that.  The kids will come; for now, I'll master the arts of cleaning, cooking, and caring for my current loved ones. 


Oh, and I promise to always thoroughly enjoy my eggs, perfect or not, instead of my rushed, grabbed at the last moment toast, yogurt or oatmeal that I inhaled while driving, because I was always running late. Also, I don't miss my plastic travel mug of coffee...that I spilled more than once on a new work blouse or pants.  I enjoy living in my home, instead of in my Envoy.  

Thank you Joe!

Peace, indeed!! 

Make it a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)