Image Map

Friday, July 24, 2015

Vacay day 2 {Lake George}

It rained a little bit first thing Tuesday, but it was so warm we didn't mind.  We sat out on the porch for our breakfast…


Brooke was highly entertained by the whole sitting in a chair, here's your menu thing…


She ordered banana pancakes (shaped like a bunny!)


I had two eggs over easy, ham, & a homemade biscuit---SO good!


After I changed the kids, we decided to go for a bit of a drive.  Both of them fell asleep and it was nice and quiet, so Joe and I could just talk about everything…and then he stopped for gas and picked up these! Naughty.


For awhile our phones looked like this:



Which resulted us looking at this--his trusty old map!


We ended up over by Schroon Lake and found the cutest General Store {Here}where we bought a few goodies.

Heeeeyyyyyy!  This dude was so well behaved.  He loved just watching everything and everyone.   





We ate like early birds (missing lunch because of our late breakfast, but at 4:00 the restaurant is nice and quiet, so it we had it all to ourselves!) I kind of liked that, because, well, my kids are rather loud!  So we were able to just do our thing and enjoy.


We were getting pretty hangry, ok Brooke and I were, Joe can just go all day and night without eating…so we decided to try out Captain Dick's Crab Shack. Pretty good!!


Since we were on vacation, pina coladas were in order!


As were the crab legs.


Silly faces at dinner.






After we ate, we walked around town for a bit.  We stopped in the arcade and played for a bit.


Daddy teaching her how to shoot.


I then decided to push the two kids up the big hill to our hotel, since it made no sense to back track with them to the truck--I worked up a good sweat and beat Daddy back!  We made a quick trip to the pool since someone was DYING to get in for a swim…


It was really warm and very shallow (4 feet) and even Bradley enjoyed it.


Rocking her new LG sweatshirt.  It's a little big, but this way she can grow into it.


Busy day for our little man.


Someone got a little hungry later on, so good thing I had PB&J ready to whip up for her!




I must say, I impressed myself with how ready for this vacation I was. I wasn't expecting a relaxing time, like I knew the kids would still need everything done like at home, but that we would be in a hotel, and we were able to just enjoy the time together.  I am so happy we got the suite with a little sink/fridge/microwave.  The extra space in the room was very handy, as Brooke slept in the pull out couch and the baby was in the pack and play.  It was the perfect amount of room for all 4 of us and we really utilized it!  

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)