Image Map

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Seven



We celebrated SEVEN years on July 10th.  It's strange how fast time goes and yet how much we accomplished in seven years.  So much has changed in our lives.

The people we associate with.

Our jobs.

Family.

Kids.

Health.

Priorities.

Beliefs.

Friends.

Our love for each other.



All relationships are work.  Both parties need to give and take, and give and take some more.  There are times when he needs me more than I need him, and Lord knows there are many a time when I need him more than he needs me.

Needs are emotional, physical, mental and change all of the time.  While I am no marriage expert, and we have only seven years so far, I will say that the number one key to any successful relationship:

Communication.

If I couldn't talk freely to Joe, express my thoughts, feelings, concerns and in return respectfully listen to what he thinks and feels, we would not have what we have today.

That much I know to be true.

I read somewhere a long time ago that the best way to have a conversation with someone is not face to face, but rather side by side.  It's less intimidating and (guys) typically can open up more when they're seating next to you.

Our favorite place to talk has always been Joe's car.  We especially appreciate now since it's a two seater and there is no backseat.

Of course we love our children, but as anyone can imagine, having a heartfelt conversation with a two and four year old is anything but productive.

Make the time to talk; it's amazing that after almost 10 years of knowing each other we still find things out.  I love that.

7 years ago I stood in this spot and vowed to love him (he tries to say 'obey' but I'm fairly certain that was not in our vows!) til death do us part.





We try to visit this winery every year on our anniversary; it's one of those things where we could easily brush off and not bother taking the drive.  In fact, after just getting back from a road trip vacation with the kids, I wasn't sure he'd be up for driving or if we should bother going.

"It's the doing that makes the difference."  

It's so easy to get caught up in life, the every day antics, work issues, kids, dog, house, bla bla.

But to step away and remember the one day where we said I DO, dance to our song under the big white tent and tear up over all of the beautiful memories made on that gorgeous July day?

That is powerful.

I wouldn't change a thing about our Wedding day; it's still the happiest day of my life.

Cheers to seven years baby, and bring on many many more!!

'...and I thought I loved you then.'
 

7.10.10

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Love you! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)