Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday

It's Friday!! I hope you're all enjoying your day.  I decided that since all the cool kids are doing it, I'll link up and share some of my "5 on Friday" with you!

#1

First up? This breakfast.  You could make it for a snack or for dinner, either way, I have been switching it up a bit in the kitchen for breakfast, and this is now in the rotation!! 

1 egg for me, 2 for Joe "over easy" but cooked a tad more...
1/2 of an avocado
1/2 of a large tomato
dash of sea salt & pepper


I don't even miss the toast!! I always have a banana, strawberries, & blueberries too.  It's filling yet pumped full of goodness for us!  OBSESSED

Next:

#2

 I do believe as little miss continues to grow, she is starting to look more like her mama! As a newborn, she was sooooo Joe. Which is cool and all, but come on. Who doesn't like seeing a little resemblance in their baby of themselves? I think she has Joe's eye color, but my eye shape.  Now that I've got my new phone, I can't stop taking pictures of us all day everrry day. 

 PS.  What is with crazy baby hairs that grow all wacky after losing hair postpartum? Gahhh.

#3

On Tuesday I was SO excited to go get a massage.  Our friend Jill is amazing and her prices are outstanding.  I loved how tranquil her room was at the Spa.  I didn't want to even drive home, I was so relaxed!! Talk about a Zen mommy moment.  Definitely need to do another one again soon!


I think it inspired me to add a few changes to our master bedroom. I just love our room; it's so peaceful and I believe that it's important to spruce things up a bit once in awhile. I stopped at Marshall's and got a few throw pillows and a throw to bring out that warm wintery vibe.

#4

Neutral tones for our muted yellow walls.  White down comforter.  Blue curtains w/ brown accents.

And to round out my 5 on Friday? 

#5

Zumba.  Oh. Em. Gee.  Have I been LOVING it!  I went last week and I got to go again this past Wednesday because my mother in law is amazing and came over to watch Brooke.  I cannot tell you how great it feels to really shake shake shake it!  I will also admit that just going a few times, makes me want to workout more.  I know it's important to move, but sometimes I just dread the thought of working out...which is silly because I never regret it once I do it.  I just need to start doing it every day, consistently.  I think that is Jillian Micahel's calling my name...


Catalyst has definitely been helping me shed the fat and keep my lean muscle mass.  I can see definition starting to form in my arms and legs.  It's amazing!!

I just started getting into the Performance Elite line too, and WOW.  The muscle gain is a great low carb, high protein mix to fuel with after a workout.  I have also begun using Nighttime Recovery and I am not as sore as I was, now that I'm taking it at bedtime!

So there you have it!! What are your top 5 on Friday? 


3 comments:

  1. SO jealous of your massage! I need one of those ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast looks so good! AND easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn! So sorry I never got back to you yesterday. I got lost in my work followed by a blissful evening of relaxation! :)

    I love these 5 things! An egg with tomato and avocado is one of my favorite breakfast items. It tastes so fresh and healthy and really does fill you up! Brooke really is looking more and more like you! Too precious. And I am all about making my bedroom relaxing and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)