Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

13 Personal Questions

I love blogging and I know it's mostly because I love to write.  I also love connecting with a bunch of awesome women who share similar interests that I do.  I also have been getting into Vlogs more and one of my favorite vloggers is Anna Saccone.  I was just googling random questions for bloggers and hers popped up. She did it back in 2011, but I figured it'd be nice to share some more information about me.

I know that with a baby, a lot of things can be pushed to the back burner.  However, writing really makes me happy so I want to make more efforts in doing so!!  I also want my readers to always learn more about me, since I'm not "just a mommy" and there is so much that makes me, me!

Feel free to copy/share these questions and let me know! I'd love to learn more about you too. 

13 Personal Questions:

1.  What do you order at Starbucks?
Hands down, my favorite drink is a grande Soy Vanilla Latte. 
If it's the holiday season, I'll order a pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha too!
Speaking of, where were these cute cups this year?!
pardon the crappy nails haha
 
2. What is one thing in your closet that you cannot live without?
A good pair of jeans!! Even while I was super prego, I still rocked my panel-skinny jeans.  Buying an 'in-between pair' a few sizes bigger also made me feel so much better, and I assure you, there will be much to celebrate when I shimmy back into my favorite pair of Sevens.

3.  What's one thing most people don't know about you?
Hmmm...maybe that I have my Master's Degree?  I taught English for 8 years, and now I am so lucky to be able to stay home and raise our daughter.  It's funny because if I think about it, I went to school a long freakin time to become a teacher, and when I got my Master's I didn't make a big deal of it.  High school graduation I had a huge party; College my family came out and I walked in the ceremony, ya-de-ya-da...but for my Master's I simply worked my tail off while teaching full time and just got my degree in the mail one day....like NBD.  Joe took me out to a nice dinner, but that was really it.  I am happy for all I accomplished with my education, but I am much happier being able to raise my daughter and teach her as much as I can before she's off in school.
4.  What is one thing you want to do before you die?
I really want to go back to Europe and visit my husband's relatives in Italy.  With his job, he can't take off more than a week, {or two like we did for a special circumstance aka our honeymoon}
I could go for some authentic Italian food right about now...

I have always wanted to "live" in another country for a bit...ya know, more than just vacation.  I really would love to see Australia, Japan, England, Spain, Germany....

5.  What's one food you cannot live without?
Mexican!! I try so hard to sneak it into our menu each week; I don't think hubby minds?? I love anything from a good old fashion taco, to enchiladas, burritos, I even just made Mexican stuffed shells--AMAZING.


6.  What is one quote you live your life by?
It's simple:
Be Happy.
When I first met Joe, I was rather negative and bogged down with my full time job, grad school (and its debt), owning a house, a fairly recent divorced set of parents, a drug-addicted sister,  and a bunch of crappy ex-boyfriend baggage!! He slowly but surely, taught me that life is all about what you make of it.  It's not supposed to be so hard all the time.  Yes, bad things happen, but it's how you handle it that is what life is all about.  I quickly learned to stop getting so involved in everyone else's drama and just focus on me, him, and us.  I've learned to accept that I cannot change anyone {including my sister} and that I don't have to let anyone bring me down.  Happiness is our birthright.  Joe almost died at 21 because of Crohn's disease, so he really is someone who takes life lightly most of the time.  He cannot stress because it makes him sick.  When I start to become all "Debbie Downer" and "oh woe is me" he reminds me of how good we have it.  And he's right.  I truly believe a positive mental attitude will help you get through most things.  (Like this annoying ringing in my ear--if I focus on how much I hate it, it seems to get worse; if I try to look at the bright-side: I'm not deaf and I can hear things very well still, it doesn't seem so bad.)
I am so grateful this man came into my life!!

7.  What do you like and dislike about the (You Tube) Community?
I'll insert my opinion more about blogging, since that's more of my forte; however it's all the same and it's probably pretty obvious.  I love love love the connections I can make with other people.  I don't have many new mommy friends, so it's so cool to see how others manage their days etc.  I also appreciate the support when I'm feeling down or the encouragement when I'm on the right track!

I obviously dislike negative people and nasty behavior.  Fortunately I haven't had to deal with much, as I try my best to steer clear of mean bloggers.  If I don't like what I'm reading, I just hit the "x" button and I don't leave mean spirited comments.  I am so busy with my life, when I do have time, why waste it on negativity?? It does boggle my mind that so many people do have the time to leave awful comments on both blogs and on You Tube...you have nothing better to do?! Crazy.

8.  What's your #1 song on your iPhone/iPod?
Well, currently I am loving "#thatPOWER" {get my workout on}
And "Get Your Shine On" is another one of my faves at the moment.

9.  What kind of style would you describe yourself as having?
Classic with pops of trend?   It's tricky at the moment, as I'm still in the process of shedding the baby weight.  I believe in not spending a fortune on trends, but rather investing in good classic pieces.  
//Maxi dress from Target last year//sleeveless cardi Charlottle Russe two years ago

10.  Favorite number?
2
11.  Two hobbies?
I love to write [blog] and I love to cook/bake. Both of which I need to 'up my ante' here...
12.  Two Pet Peeves?
People who can't drive; okay, or more like people who are Texting while driving; STOP please.
Rude or Fake people.  It's a tie. Where have all the manners gone?  Sad, sad. 

13.  Guilty pleasure?
Real Housewives of wherever.  I don't watch much TV, but I love those stupid shows!!
And everyone here knows mama loves her white wine!!
Pinot Grigio
Any other questions for me?! 

Again, feel free to copy/share these questions and let me know! 
I'd love to learn more about you too. 

8 comments:

  1. I was a high school Social Studies teacher for 5 years before staying home with my kids! I stopped 3 classes short of my masters, but felt the same way about it! :) happy for you that you can stay home with your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jammin out to "Get your shine on" ;) I NEVER knew you were a teacher. That's pretty awesome. But yes, SO blessed to be able to be a SAHM:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is fun. i may have to copy and answer myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously think you look AMAZING! And of course I love all your pictures on insta. Gorgeous momma!
    I want to go to Europe someday, especially Italy! I hope you guys will get to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad that I'm already counting down the days until the Pumpkin Spice latte?!?
    I have my mater's degree too and didn't walk either. I was the same way, teaching and going to school it wasn't until recently I appreciated everything I put into it. And I could live on mexican food! We had it three times this weekend!
    Love these getting to know you posts! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the maxi and i love the real housewives of everything too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stealing this! btw, it totally reminded me why I like you so much....we really have a lot in common!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I think everyone needs a good pair jeans! I totally stole this and it will be up tomorrow on my blog! :)

    -Britt
    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)