Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day One: Ten Day Cleanse

Well here we are, Happy August!!!  I am officially on "Day One" of my herbal cleanse.  I can say that I am more than ready for this opportunity and cannot wait to see my body transform.  I am doing the full 24 day challenge and am pumped!!  I love veggies and can eat a healthy diet, however I do tend to overeat on starches and sugars, so this will be a good test for me.  I made sure to "live it up" these last few days...and quite honestly, I feel like crap!! haha

Monday I made this easy/yummy pasta dish.  Diced up some onion, garlic, sauteed in a pan w/ EVOO, through in some organic chicken, seasoned with tomato basil pesto seasoning & pan searing flour, tossed in some sundried tomatoes, & artichokes.  Boiled pasta, tossed together with a little cream cheese & fresh Parm.



Tuesday Joe grilled chicken, I threw some fries in the oven and steamed some organic broccoli.  We dined outside, at home.  Baby girl enjoyed a frozen banana in her mesh feeder!


 And last night was a simple pasta bake w/ mushrooms, spinach, garlic, onion, organic hamburger meat & mozzarella cheese.  It was fantastic.


I also parted ways with Pinot.


Normally I wouldn't eat pasta as much as I have, but I figured 'go big or go home.' Yeah, well this girl is happy to be eating salads, lean proteins, complex carbs and fruits these next few weeks.

So when I woke up today, I was ready to replace my coffee with SPARK.


And then chug my Fiber Drink.  Everyone says how bad it is, so I expected the worst.  Honestly?  I expected it to taste horrible! While it isn't something I'd choose to drink just because, it really wasn't so bad at all.  I know that it's not something I'll do every day, and it's just part of this regime.  I'm totally fine with it.


So these next 10 days I will be "cleansing".  I am going to be super strict about what goes into my body, and definitely be drinking enough water.   I am excited to do Zumba tonight too!


My computer had a little virus, so that's why I haven't been able to blog much.  No more news yet on my brain cyst issues...I will still be going Monday for a Neurologist appointment.  [Thank you for all your kind words and support!!]

I am excited that we are going to go to Toronto!! It is a {mini} vacation for the three of us, and we are going to have so much fun.  We are just going for a weekend, but we just love that fun city!  There is so much to see and do.  Even just walking around is awesome.  I cannot wait. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear about this cleanse! Good luck girly! I know you can do it - you are so determined and motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! I'd go out all too, it's worth it ;) That pasta bake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying...keep s posted on your appointment!!

    And you are going to ROCK your challenge!! Did you take "before" pics & measurements? Do that ASAP, sistah!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)