Image Map

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe

I knew better than to start playing on Pinterest again....
but sometimes, you just cannot help it!
One thing leads to another, and bam...
I find myself baking something incredibly gooey 
and not-so-good for me!!
I didn't have this particular recipe pinned, but
I googled what I had in the cupboards & what I was in the mood for.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
I adapted the recipe from here
and hubby and I are so happy that I did!

BROWNIE
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
  • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (powder)
  • 4 ounces chocolate chips/leftover Hershey bars
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large organic eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter (all we had is crunchy, it worked!)
  • large pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
TOPPING
  • 1/2 cup pretzels, slightly crushed (I only put them on half, otherwise 1 cup)
Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.  Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan. 
Melt butter, unsweetened chocolate, & milk chocolate in a heat proof bowl setting over a pot of slowly simmering water {double boiler}
Once it's melted & stirred, remove it from the heat and let it cool a little bit.
Add the vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
 Whisk granulated sugar into the chocolate and butter mixture.  
Make sure the chocolate mixture isn’t too hot and add the eggs in the mixture one at a time.  
Fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and spoon into prepared pan.
 In another small bowl, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Spread the peanut butter filling over the brownie batter and swirl it around with a knife.  
Top with pretzels.
I wasn't sure if hubs would like the pretzel, so I left half without.
 Bake for 40-50minutes.
Mine came out kind of thick and definitely took a bit more time than the recipe called for.
I just checked the middle with a toothpick and when it came out clean, it was done.
I may or may not have had some for breakfast one morning...
At least I added some fruit.
Judge away.
It was delish.
Any other chocolate recipes I need to duplicate?
Please share!

6 comments:

  1. ohmyyyy i need to make these stat. anything with a pb combo, chocolate and pretzels are in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. husband loves chocolate and peanut butter anything!! must make this for him

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I do the same thing, so no judging here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels. Seriously three of my favorite yummies. The brownies look scrumptious. I'll have to pin this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)