Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

It was a Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day...
no matter what your philosophy is,
I think celebrating love is a beautiful thing.
Whether a fancy expensive gift or dinner,
or simple and thoughtful gestures,
at the end of the day,
it's just another day...
and I hope yours was filled with love.
I had a beautiful day and evening.
My sister came over to see her niece and to make a Valentine's dessert.
We had fun sipping coffee, playing with the baby, and baking...
My husband loves these darn cupcakes, and I admit they are pretty good!
They're not light, fluffy, and airy...
they're thick, heavy, a bit dense and he loves them.
I wrote about them HERE last year.
The recipe is there, make them.
STAT!
I also dressed my baby doll girl in a few outfits...
She got her first Valentine from Grandma!
Cuddled with Auntie Bri
and stared at her crazy mama...photo, after photo...
 I bought this dress from Carter's hoping for it to be her 'coming home' outfit,
but she was a little too small then.
It fit perfectly last night, and daddy loved seeing her in his favorite color!
Can you stand the faces she makes?
As for our dinner,
we did do up some sexy steaks & scallops...
There's nothing hotter than your man slaving over the stove, is there?
Well, maybe if he did the dishes...but let's be real.
:)
I threw a salad together and some steak frites in the oven,
and of course enjoyed a glass of Pinot.
It was simply perfect.
I look forward to many more Valentine's Days with our sweet girl.
I hope you enjoyed your first big holiday lil B!!
You'll always be our sweetest Valentine.
xoxo

4 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)