Image Map

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

That time I inspired myself...

Hey hey hey!!

It's Wednesday.  Sun is shining. Temps are in the high 70's/low 80's.  I can't believe Fall is here with this summer like weather! Not complaining.  And I'm definitely torn between wanting to bust out the boots, but still happy to wear shorts. Holla!!


I must say, blogging is so amazing, for so many reasons.  I can sometimes even go back and read old posts and encourage myself!! Sometimes life can get a little tough and I know I personally can get a little tunnel vision.  As soon as I start to feel "off" I try to work on myself, and usually talking to Joe is really what is helpful. I hadn't been listening or reading anything "good" for my mind.  I spend time working on my physical appearance, but we MUST work out our minds too!!  I have mentioned it before, but it is VITAL to take care of our minds.  If we are not emotionally happy, or not feeling fulfilled, we can change that!

A few years ago I turned to Advocare for the first reason of being overweight. I had 20 pounds of post baby weight that would not budge. I felt sad, discouraged and just not happy. At one point the Dr mentioned it may be postpartum depression.

Well, to be honest, I kind of wondered if it were happening again, only this time with Bradley.  However, it isn't because I was carrying a lot of extra weight; really I am in "ok" shape.  I really missed that social connection, helping other people, and really feeling like I'm making a difference in the world.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE staying home. There is no one else I can even dream of watching my babies grow day to day, but I wanted to do more.  Somehow I let that slip away, and now I am really focusing on that.

Leaders Eat Last

Listen to that you tube audio book. I've been jotting down notes while eating lunch and making a few calls.  In one sense, it spoke to me--no matter how much technology is changing, we STILL need face to face interaction. Without being social, and no social media does not count, we will not thrive.  We need to hear others' voices and be part of groups. We are human beings and have been doing that for centuries.

So with that, I am writing this to say, Mamas, if you feel stuck or just like you need something more, maybe you do!! Perhaps getting into a business, like Advocare would be right for you.  It's not for everybody, but I do know I am a better person when I work on myself, so that I can grow. I want to be the best mother, wife, daughter, friend, person that I can be…never perfect, but just better.

All I know is that we are all on our own journeys, but together we help one another grow. It's not just about selling vitamins and shakes [even though they are the bomb], and the reality is, when you feel healthy all over, life is so much better.


I wrote this post about a year ago [[HERE]] ---and sometimes we all need to be reminded of how to be healthy and inspire each other.  PS. they are on sale again, so ya better stock up if you like anything Pumpkin Spice!

As for right now, I am on day three of my 24 day challenge and I haven't missed a beat with my eating and I'm so proud of myself to have been very strict this time around. I am bound and determined to feel good and fit into my new pants that currently do not button!!! Lessss do thisssss!!! 

Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)