Image Map

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Song for Sunday

I'm on a Country music kick lately...actually, just a new music kick in general; I feel like good music comes in waves? Weird.  Right now there are a lot of great songs; awesome workout tunes and some lyrics that just stop me in my tracks and make me realize how grateful I am for all that I have in my life.

If there was something I could give to everyone, especially to my daughter, it is the gift of true love.  I honestly wish that every person could feel the way that I do for my husband, and the way he feels for me.  We have our moments and have our fair share of disagreements, but at the end of the day, I go to bed with a happy heart and a peaceful mind. 

I'm by no means perfect, but I work really hard on our relationship, as does he; and to any of you single ladies out there, I waited and never settled for anything less than what I felt that I deserved.  I knew some day I would find him.  I have to say that the best thing about a good, solid, 'meant to be marriage' is one that you can truly be yourself, but most importantly one that you can just talk and talk and talk to your significant other about everything and anything.  I believe that communication is what makes Joe and I so strong.  I've never been one to bottle up my emotions, but not only does he listen to what I have to say, but he always responds.  Maybe not right away, sometimes he needs his space...which, I have had to learn to give, but talking is something that was there since the very beginning.  Our first few dates ended with us sitting in his car, talking until late into the night/early morning. 

We may not be up at 3am talking, but we still make sure to talk as much as our days allow.  I want our daughter growing up, knowing not only how much she is loved, but also how much her parents are in love. 

I do believe in happy endings and life may not be rainbows and butterflies all the time, but some days it feels like that. Tonight my heart is full; I give thanks for this deep, true, love that continues to grow within me. 

Perhaps it's because my husband is working 9am-10pm these last few days [and will be all of next week] and tonight he got to spend a little more time with us; I just hope he realizes how much I appreciate how hard he works for our little family.  It's what gives me the drive and determination to work hard on our home, our marriage, and now our child. 

Or maybe it's so many unhappy couples that I see around me.  I know all marriages have ups and downs, but if you're in the right one, you'll always have way more good days than bad.  It doesn't happen overnight, and you can't just flip a switch and make something work; you really do have to put in effort, as with anything else in live: you get out of it, what you put into it. 

Anyway, I could probably ramble on all night and I could listen to this song on repeat all the while.  I may have been doing that this entire post.


What song is speaking to you at the moment?

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)