Image Map

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Light

How cool is this picture? It was from our engagement photos in the spring of 2010.  I don't know why we never printed this!! Our photographer was amazing.

Engaged

The topic for day three is "Light" in honor of the beginning of Diwali or the Hindu festival of lights.  I didn't know much about it, so I looked up over here...basically the whole notion of goodness of light, triumphing over darkness or evil.  I don't get much into religion on my blog, but I am spiritual.  I respect all types of religions and those who are devoted in their practice.  I definitely find it interesting to see how other cultures celebrate.

I love everything about this topic.  First thoughts that pop into my head is actual light, such as the sun, its warmth, the feeling of happiness as it shines on my face.  I also love the flickering glow of a candle or the sparks from a flame in a glowing fireplace.  There is something so tranquil about looking at fire, or lighting a candle.

 
 It just represents coziness and a homey feeling to me.  I couldn't have been happier when I met Joe and saw he had a fireplace in the living room!! It certainly makes for us being a tad on the hermit side on the cold, long wintery nights, but I really do love it.

What about inner light?  Do you allow yourself to truly shine through? Or perhaps you believe in a higher power...



I am always working on my patience and my ability to appreciate the now.  For some reason, even a candle light makes me want to slow down and just embrace the moment.  I took this photo a few years ago, 2009 to be exact.  I was in a bit of an argument with Joe and had to stop myself on a walk.  I realized that I had to start being a better girlfriend and change a few things about myself...a few weeks later, he proposed.  I would look at this photo daily to remind me how lucky I am, and to stop focusing on negatives. I still have the photo...
our street
Life is so hectic, busy, crazy, on demand, and our society is all "we want it now!" I am guilty of falling into this rat race, and really do make conscious efforts to push pause on all else, and devote time to myself, my daughter and my husband.  Joe & Brooke are the light of my lives and I know I would be nowhere near as complete and whole, without them.  And because of that, they come first above anything else going on in my life.   When something is so precious to you, don't you do all that you can to preserve it? Make sure that you're doing everything in your power to make sure they're happy, fulfilled and loved.  In order to take care of them, of course I have to take care of myself too.

my view as I type this--yes, hubby is playing Madden!

So I hope that on this Sunday, you too are able to sit back and enjoy a few moments...focus on the positive in your life and what is making you happy.  Perhaps you can light a candle and simply take a few deep breaths and realize how grateful you truly are.

{I so badly want to end this, "N'amaste!!}

But seriously, I do hope your lives are full of happy light~enjoy your day friends!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture - you should print it out!

    Light is part of our life in so many ways. I think people forget their inner light too often. This is a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that first picture from your engagements! STUNNING! You could still print it :)
    The best compliment I've received is someone telling me there is a light and happiness about me... that's what I want every single day! Such a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar photo from our wedding day!...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)