Image Map

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Brooke: 19 Months

Yup.  My blog has gone all toddler talk on you, and I'm not sorry.  As I've been cleaning out my closets and organizing I found all of my diaries/journals growing up. I've mentioned before that I stopped writing once I met Joe, but in a way, that's not true.  In 2011 I started up this little old blog and well, here is where I write. I document our lives, what's on my mind or in my heart {somewhat guarded, as the world can see} but I love it.  Being a mommy is seriously so awesome, but with anything in life, I just want to know how to be my very best at it.  So right now, I read, write, talk, think and wonder about toddlerhood.

At 19 months, really, she is very helpful. ;)  She is into everything and really wants my undivided attention, pretty much all of the time. If not?  Something like this happens…


And although I may cringe and get a little mad for a second, I have to just laugh and embrace it.  Of course I try to grab my camera to capture it too!


Oh hey ma, thought I'd try one of your sports bras!


I have been organizing like a crazy pregnant lady, oh wait, I am…and so she's been helping with that!


Outside popsicles!




She is my little monkey and won't sit still.  Love her!





I have purchased 4 Toddler books.  I started this one---GO BUY IT NOW if you have a baby.  It is simple to read, very helpful and this guy knows his stuff.  I watched his DVD Happiest Baby on the Block and I think that is why Brooke slept through the night (and still does) so well.  So when I saw his toddler book, I hoped it would be of some use.  YES!  I will recap more later.


We are also reading Potty books, yes with chocolate covered lips.


She is no longer in her high chair; she is doing very well with a booster!


Still loves food and will eat, eat, eat…"More, more, more" and "I want, I want" are heard frequently in this kitchen.



She loves climbing.  It's her new thing. Oy!



Stats at the Doctor's office:

35 inches tall (over 99% for her height)
29 lbs     (97% for her weight)
Like I've said, girl is starting to bust out of 3T tops!
Size 7 toddler shoe
She got two shots today:  TDAP and HIB.  We are still behind on a few, but we'll get caught up.  Her next appointment is her 2 year checkup.  Oh, I may or may not be in labor!!  They said I can bring her a little early, so we'll go in December.


Flashback: ME!!  
I think Brooke looks like me, especially from afar, but close up she is ALL Joe.  It's really cool to see both of us in her.


Brooke currently loves:  Talking, singing-- I'll hear her bust out, "rain rain go away" "Patty cake" or "heads, shoulders knees and toes." It's so darn cute! Reading books, especially ones with flaps to open and look at.  Her light up turtle that glows stars when she goes to bed.  Counting, "Two, nine, sebun, yay!" So cute.  Food.  Milk.  Outside. Walks. Going 'bye bye".

Currently Dislikes:  Getting her diaper changed. Like haaaaaaaates it.  I've resorted to using my phone/you tube to distract her sometimes, because I just can't deal with the scream, kick, cry fest.  I am working on that, but it stinks! I can't get kicked in the belly!  We will get through this.  Oh, and she hates hearing the word, "no" but loves to say it. Of course.

And fresh off the press, this morning's sillies: just as we were wrapping up breakfast, she decided to strike some baby yoga on the table.


Again, my initial reaction was to tell her, "NO feet on the table!" But she just laughs and so I grab the camera.  What else can you do, when they're not even 2?


Happy Wednesday friends!

5 comments:

  1. love the photo's of Brooke . you look just like her when you were little. oh my god I bought Happiest toddler on the Block a while ago. It really helped me communicate with Julian when he got upset. its a great book I also go back to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo's of Brooke . you look just like her when you were little. oh my god I bought Happiest toddler on the Block a while ago. It really helped me communicate with Julian when he got upset. its a great book I also go back to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. I will be getting that book today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and same! i need to check out that book! Those last pics so funny! When did you get her a booster? Right now.. rarely she'll sit in her highchair.. it's mostly i put her food on the tray of the highchair and she walks up to it and feeds when she pleases... ay yi yi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)