Image Map

Thursday, March 17, 2016

#housegoals

I have decided to really utilize this space here to dream.  And I am dreaming big folks!! I thought it would be cool to share with you some ideas we have floating around for our dream home.

As most of you know, we purchased 20 acres of land in a more rural area and we cannot wait to be country livin'.  I am super excited to build a home and of course I am a little overwhelmed with all of the decisions we will have to make.

We have already started looking at tile and fixtures, plus layouts.

I figured instead of a big old bulky binder, plus with mostly everything available on the internet, I'd use my blog weekly to showcase some of our findings!

This Sunday we are going to the Home and Garden show (without the kids!) so we can really look around and get a feel for what we would like to see in our home.

Our goal is to build a barn by October; we would love to have a big old fashion barn birthday party for Joe!

We would love to be in our home by Summer of 2017, but we really don't want to stress so it if takes longer, we are totally fine with that too.


How exciting!

OK, onto our ideas:


We fell in love with this home.  It was truly love at first sight.  It would need to be scaled down a bit as we don't want too big of a house (kids won't live with us forever!) and I don't want too much footage to clean haha!

What I love about this house is the stone/brick detail and the arched windows, wrap around porch and the columns.  Another must have is the side entry garage.  I am loving the look of the garage "being part of the house" and not looking like a garage! Isn't it fun?

Friday we stopped into the tile store---which wasn't the best option with two energetic tots, but we got to look at some flooring we are very interested in!

I had no idea that they made tile that actually looks like wood!  We would like our kitchen done in something like this.  I'm just not sure if we'd go with a more brown or gray.




For the master bath, we agreed that we loved the light, fresh look of this:



You can even get it all done up like this...not sure I would want that, but cool option!


Living room inspiration:



I mean---look at that flooring!



Totally didn't crop the photos, sorry!  But again, with the kitchen, I am torn with the dark cupboards or the light...hmmm?!


We love both looks!! 

Any advice for building? Flooring? Appliances? I'm all ears!! I love to hear other opinions and ideas.  This is such a new and fun experience for us and I just want to make the most of it! 

5 comments:

  1. OMG I love that house front!! SO gorgeous! As for the wood looking tile floor..we did that in our master bathroom and I am thrilled with it. I love it so much! I think we are going to redo the guest bath with the same flooring, and if we ever get around to redoing our kitchen we are going to put the same thing down! The only thing with ours though is that it gets chilly..which I don't mind but depending on where you live..maybe get heated floors for under it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the light kitchen. I think the dark is way to dark, masculine and dated. With all that said I have a dark kitchen 😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the light kitchen. I think the dark is way to dark, masculine and dated. With all that said I have a dark kitchen 😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I am obsessed with tile that looks like wood! We have new laminate that the previous owners installed and I hate it, but it looks nice, and is new, so we're waiting, but I can't wait to swap out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that house! It is gorgeous! I can not wait to see what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)