Image Map

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Food 52 Genius Recipes {Book Review}

It's no secret that I love reading.  It's also quite obvious that I don't have a ton of free time on my hands, so when I do make the time to read, I want to make it count!!  Lately I have felt a little boring in the kitchen; I absolutely love to cook, but sometimes get overwhelmed by some of the daunting recipes that look amazing but have so many steps and/or ingredients.  When I saw this cookbook, I knew that I had to have it!! I know we aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I am so darn glad that I did! I am currently making the front cover's recipe and let me tell you, it smells divine.  

I mean really, look at that pasta dish…



Oh, and the best part?  This book is full of delicious recipes that are simple.  I am a huge fan of cookbooks for so many reasons.  Sure, online is a great source, but just like curling up with a good romance novel, getting all cozied up with a cookbook really makes me happy.  I envision a big group of friends and family sitting down to a perfectly prepared dish that I've made, as food is most definitely one of my love languages.


When I received Food 52 Genius Recipes  in the mail, I immediately opened it right up, poured a cup of tea and couldn't wait to run my fingers through the pages.  The photographs {which are KEY for me to want to cook something!} are absolutely beautiful and each recipe is easily stated and a short snippet about the dish as well.   It explains why and how to do things in each recipe, and I have found myself nodding my head several times at a new trick to try!

From meatless dishes, to scrumptious breakfast ideas, and even desserts, this book has it all.  Sometimes I feel like a cookbook has so much in it, I don't even know where to start.  Well, in this case it was a no brainer, as my husband even saw the cover and said, "I want that now!"  I prepared the front cover pasta dish last night and my husband is Italian, so I am always seeking his approval for pasta dishes.  This was no exception; as simple as the ingredient list was, he went back for seconds and even said, "This is a make again, for sure!"  I call that winning.

I think sometimes even the best cooks can get a little over-worked or even bored.  I know that having two little kids 2 and under has made my kitchen time a bit frazzled, and I am always looking for simple but good meals to try.  My mouth is literally watering as I flip through the pages collecting inspiration from this gorgeous cookbook.  Not only does is serve as a tool in my kitchen to whip up fantastic meal for my family, but it is also such a pretty book to display in my home.  I appreciate both the artistic photographs and the written recipes so much.

If you are a lover of cooking or know someone who is, this for sure a kitchen staple.  I cannot wait to try more of these recipes in my kitchen. It has brought some joy back into the mundane chore of cooking.


One of my fellow blogging friends told me about this wonderful opportunity to become involved with Blogging for Books.  This is my first review of a book and I am so happy with my choice!

*Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  All of the opinions are honest and are my own.




1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)