Image Map

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Countdown

There are tons of cute bucket lists out there on the web!



Sooooooo stinkin excited to get this Christmas show on the road!! I am a firm believer of enjoying the Turkey, but I'd be lying if I didn't start thinking of these ideas in early November!!  My goal is to have one new thing to do with Brooke every day before Christmas.  This may be in conjunction with her 'homeschooling' or totally different. I dunno yet!  I hope to introduce a new activity and obviously come back to it all throughout the month or winter, if applicable.

Our "official" Christmas Countdown:

1.   Paint wooden Christmas crafts
2.   Santa (paper plate cotton ball activity) & hang Santa window cling
3.   Go to our library for books
4.   Christmas tree felt activity
5.   Visit Santa for a photo
6.   Drink hot cocoa w/ candy canes by the fire.
7.   Color w/ markers holiday project
8.   Make Christmas drawings/cards for family
9.   Make a Gingerbread house
10.  Visit Barnes and Noble for a new Christmas book
11. Frosty-Song, book, video, Snowman felt activity
12.  Go for a drive to look at Christmas lights
13.  Christmas cookies--sugar cookie cut outs
14.  Make holiday pancakes
15. Cinnamon ornaments 
16.  Make paper snowflakes
17.  Buy and donate a toy for child
18.  Snow angels/play in the snow
19.  Make a meal and dessert for family or friend.
20. Foam sticker art crafts
21. Rudolph (baking idea) story, video, song
22.  Go sledding
24. Read Christmas books by the fire & tree
25. Enjoy Christmas Day!




I'm sure I'll randomly pull from other sites too that I have been perusing.  I'd be lying if I said I'll be able to stick to "one thing" a day… helloooooo, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!

100+ Christmas Activities for Kids
Montessori Christmas Activities for Toddlers
Toddler Christmas Activities

I will do my best to take pictures and keep track of what worked, what didn't, and how much fun we are having either way!  This is a great way for me to stay busy, while baby #2 does his final preparations before the big day.  



What's on your countdown this year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)