Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve Joe has always gone to his grandparents' house.  Since I've been with him, we have kept this tradition and it's one of my favorites!  I think I've mentioned this before, but I've always wanted to be a part of a big Italian family.  I love the energy of the kitchen; everyone is laughing, cooking, eating, talking and you can literally feel the love.   

I tried to get a good shot, but he got her some pretty flowers and gave her a big old kiss.


I took this photo and about cried.  In one moment it hit me like a ton of bricks that I have two kids.  No more baby in either one of them.  I adore this photo so so so much.


They opened some presents from their Great Aunts and Great Grandma.


He's so silly an Brooke with her reindeer headband.


Her face is priceless.  Christmas overload for this one!


The table was all set up so pretty and don't you just love the old school Italian decor? I do.


We were at the "kids" table.


Uncle Frank kills me.


Grandma's homemade hat and Bradley rocked a man bun.

Cousin Jennifer's cookies were delicious.


Joe's flowers fit beautifully in the centerpiece Milly made.


Goodness knows what she's telling Grandma!



Frangelico shots...an Italian thing?


Desserts!



I love the old-style red lights that hang out front.  I could feel the presence of all of the wonderful Christmas eves past that had been spent here.  I also looked to the sky and thought about when I was little and would be driving home from my grandma's house and we would always look in the sky for Santa's sleigh.  It's amazing how many memories come flooding back when you have a child of your own.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great Christmas Eve! Feast of the 7 fishes?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)