Image Map

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Final Day in Vegas {Giada's Reivew!}

I just have to finish blogging about our little Vegas getaway...Saturday was so much fun!

We woke up early but then decided to get some more sleep so that we could enjoy Saturday night.   The weather was so nice and warm!!


We had brunch at Mon Ami Gambi.  We love this place and were super excited to eat here once again.


The sun was beating down us, but we didn't really mind since we knew it'd probably be the last time for a long while (hello cold grey NY winters!)


After stuffing our faces with delicious French food, we walked around.


I just love all the architecture, glitz and glam of Vegas.


We walked around the mall, I had the lady at MAC play with some makeup colors on me...


Joe lusted after more cars.


We took a different way back into our hotel.


For Saturday night, I dressed up in the little Guess number I found outside the Red Rock hotel.


I don't think I have ever owned such a teeny tiny clingy LBD.  I bought the shoes to match.  I still was one of the more conservatively dressed ladies in Las Vegas.  Craziness.


For dinner I had made us reservations at Giada's restaurant as soon as I knew we were going to Vegas.


We had a perfect table for two that overlooked the strip.






I enjoyed everything, starting with the wine!



They start with bread--the sea salt is so good mixed with evoo.


Joe ordered the caponata, but it had a lot of peppers and so I didn't touch it and he didn't really either...not Giada's fault, we just don't handle peppers well.


The bacon wrapped dates were to die for and I almost forgot to snap a picture!!



The waiter strongly suggested the cauliflower soup---it was incredible.  I need to try and recreate it.


I went with the classic lemon spaghetti with two jumbo shrimp which were so good, they were almost a lobster quality!


Joe ordered the pork chop and he loved it.


After our amazing meal we checked out the Chandelier Bar at the Cosmopolitan hotel.  It was so pretty and glam, just my style!


There are three levels and each one has different signature drinks.



The gigantic chandelier!!


We had fun trying a few different cocktails.



This one had a flower in it and was really interesting!


Then we hopped a cab and tried to find a good club to go to...we found two and got in on the VIP list, cut the lines, and didn't pay anything...but neither of the clubs were for us.  Call us old, but the one club I felt totally claustrophobic because there was literally no room to breathe.  The second club was bigger, but the music was so loud, it was hurting my ears! My tinnitus makes my ears a little more sensitive, but even Joe was like what the heck?!  So perhaps our "clubbing days" are over...we still had a blast and more than anything, enjoyed our time just the two of us.



See you in July Las Vegas.  We will be back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)