Image Map

Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Easter {Brooke's first}

This was only the second Easter my husband and I celebrated together!!
2008-my mom's house: we made pancakes.
2009-Toronto
2010-Toronto
2011-flew home from our amazing Caribbean cruise, and spent most of the day in an airplane from Puerto Rico.
2012-flew home from Charleston, SC

So this year, having our own little peanut, we figured our families would appreciate it us making the rounds with her.  {Because you know, once you have a baby, it's not about you any more, it's all about the little one}

I picked out miss Brooke's Easter dress awhile back and worried it wouldn't fit {3-6 months} but it did fit and perfectly!!

 She's so cute, as I tried to change her she kept flipping her dress up.  I just loved the simple details; the ruffles, the flowers, there was even a little bow on the back.   I had to put a little cardigan on her since it was in the 50's, but I was thankful that it was that warm!

I found my dress on Kiki La Rue--and it was a perfect compliment to Brooke's!! I wanted something with the same color, but not too matchy matchy.  I've been dying to dress alike!! I put my husband in a blue Banana Republic shirt; I love him in baby blue.  Makes his eyes pop!!
Our first family holiday photo!

Our first stop was about an hour away at my dad and step-mom's house.  They had brunch already to go when we arrived.  It was so nice to see them and my sister and her husband.

Blissful Table
Easter Decor
 Pretty Eggs
Candied Bacon
Champagne Sorbet Punch
Each of us had a few Easter goodies on our plates.
We enjoyed a sausage and egg breakfast casserole, danishes, fruit salad...and I was starving I forgot pictures. Sorry!

We also had tea time.
Brooke getting her Easter basket from Nana and Papa
Uncle Eric and Auntie Bri
My husband and I still goofy as ever.
It was such a nice time.  Then we were off to my in-laws....

I slacked on the pictures because they were taking some!!

{bad blogger}

Mama in law gave us a delicious lemon meringue pie, Brooke got some new Easter toys and an adorable outfit.  We stayed for a little bit, then it was off for the final round at Joey's grams' house.

Baby Brooke was beat!
There were a ton of people there and it was nice to catch up awhile, eat some yummy foods and show off our precious little bundle.  {People think she's 5 or 6 months old already!}

We had the happiest Easter yet.  I'm so blessed and thankful for everything in my life.  Despite this nasty cold I have working its way out of my system, it was so wonderful to see some of our family yesterday.

When we got home I put Brooke in her little "first Easter" onesie my step-mom picked up for her and did a mini photoshoot.
 Her new Easter gifts!
 Haha--I picked these ears up at the dollar section of Target.
 Of course, tummy time.

I hope your Easter Sunday was just as wonderful as ours.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE that dress, and you look amazing! I'm glad you and the family had a great Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously that dress on Brooke is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day! That pic of her with the bunny ears is so funny! She's like Mom, if you don't stop this...lol She is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cute pics! Where do you find the lil leg warmers? I've only found 1 pair at Target..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all your pics!! So cute!! And Brooke looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look FABULOUS, my dear!! Seriously you look so great!! I know you're struggling with trying to lose the extra babyweight, but you look really awesome and I just wanted you to know that :)

    And Brooke is SUCH a cutie!! She reminds me a lot of my niece--my niece was HUGE as a baby, so chubby and roly-poly and adorable, but she lost a lot of it when she started crawling and running (yes, running always!!). Still has the cutest chipmunk cheeks ever, tho, and I love it!!

    I'm glad you had such a nice Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post. SO much happiness and LOVE. I adore your dress!! Good pick and B looks so so cute!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look like you guys had a very busy Easter weekend! And I loved Brooke's Easter dress! She looks like a little doll

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your dress coordinated with your little fashionista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful family portrait. You all look so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a wonderful Easter celebration! That last family portrait with the Easter sign is so sweet & of course I love your chevron dress!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)