Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

Focus on What Matters

TGIF...even though I am not very thrilled about how this weekend is going.  I usually love the snow, but although I'd probably be fine, I did not and am not driving to Success School.  I'm not going to sit and cry about it [any more] it is what it is, and I just have to accept it and move on.  Right now it just isn't meant to be, and I can't be upset.  I have a lot of wonderful things in my life and starting off the new year feeling a little defeated, like I'm letting myself down, is just not OK with me.  I have baby girl's first birthday to get ready for; I'm fighting a cold, and life will go on.

Sitting here typing on my laptop, sipping tea, hoping my immunoguard kicks in....all while my husband keeps the fire going in the fireplace.  I know things could be a lot worse, but this isn't how I pictured the weekend going.  I really wanted to go to school....but sometimes you just have to stop. Breathe. And just do what you can do.  Not what you want to do.


To me? It's my health.  If I'm not feeling great, nothing falls into place.  So I do spend a good deal of time reading about things to keep me healthy and I sometimes have trouble falling asleep, and so I will watch You Tube videos.  It's weird because I watched a ton when I was pregnant and then I stopped for awhile.  Now I have found some more channels that I love, and one girl has got her act together! I don't even think she's 18 yet, and she's pretty mature.  She even shares healthy fun [and easy] recipes! I totally tried her "CinnaMug" recipe last night.  It's pretty tasty!  I hadn't tried almond flour before, and so the texture was a little more mealy "nutty" than I would have thought.  I got used to it though and actually want to make another!

I know healthy eating can get a little boring, ok eating anything the same time gets boring, who am I kidding!?  So she has some interesting little recipes here to try!




CinnaMug
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal/Flour
1 whole egg
dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of baking powder
pinch of nutmeg
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon honey
*mix & place in microwave for about 2 mins

ICING
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1 teaspoon honey
*mix and heat. pour on top of the CinnaMug




In case you'd like to see her other yummy ideas, feel free to check her vlog out below!  





Share a healthy recipe with me; I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy good for us foods!  And remember to focus on what matters most!!

5 comments:

  1. Everything always works out just get your self better and Success School will come soon :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over the snow..and I know we have a lot more of it to deal with:( We only got about 5 inches here but it was 11 degrees today, THAT is just uncalled for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what a cinnamug is exactly, but this sounds really good. I may have to try that this winter.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)