Image Map

Monday, December 15, 2014

A Sprinkle for Baby Boy

I was on the fence of whether or not I wanted to have a baby shower/sprinkle.  I know it's a busy time of year for people and money can be tight…I didn't want to seem greedy either, since we just had Brooke 2 years ago, had a lovely full blown shower, and I will be able to use all of our 'big stuff' again since I made a really big effort to buy gender neutral "just in case."  

However, my mother in law really wanted to get close friends and family together to celebrate the life of baby boy to be!! I would be lying if I wasn't excited to have my friends and family all together;  I love the holidays and having a little party at my house was PERFECT.  More than anything, I think Brookie thought the party was for her, but that's ok.  She's got a big role to fill as big sis!  She had a ball.


My mother in law Maria has a friend Marisa who makes amazing desserts---she made these adorable cupcakes!  They were vanilla and chocolate.  Inside was a jelly or jam…I think maybe raspberry? SO GOOD!!


Aaaaaand my mother in law used Pinterest.  Check out her peppermint candy plate!! haha I LOVE IT!



In typical Italian fashion, there was a TON of food!! I didn't snap any pictures of the actual lunch, but here were just the apps!


Brooke lovin on my besties Alison and Ann!


Of course Miss Holly was all up in everyone's biznass.


Baby cards get me!


The foxes!


I just can't get enough of cute little orange foxes!





Outfit change.  I believe Joe's Aunt Phyllis got Brooke a big sister gift, which were Minnie footed pjs.  She of course had to take off what she was wearing and immediately put that on! #minnierules


Funniest gift:  Pee pee Teepee! Friends of ours have a little boy and she said they could have used these. Oh boy!! Of course Joe's mom shared a funny story of how he "wee wee'd" in his grandmother's face as a baby. haha


His first jean jacket! Look at that fur collar.


Great-grandma fixed us up with some wonderfully warm knitted hats.


And a baby blue blankie.


She also knitted the 4 of us matching winter hats!! {niners colors!}


Brookie got a scarf too.  Love the braids!



Silly girl and her stickers.


This gift made me cry.  My dad and stepmom made Brooke a name plaque, so of course we wanted baby boy to have one too!! This time they used a piece of wood that was cut from a tree at my grandparents' cottage [which we sadly no longer own] but my dad wrote a really nice note to go along with it, and it came out perfectly for his room!  It was very special and sentimental.  I was all choked up here.



Car booties from my mother-in-law!


A homemade lion, bought from a local senior center.


Whoever said baby boy clothes aren't cute was dead wrong!! I am obsessed with all of his new looks!



Thankful for these women in my life!


Getting a new set of jammies.


It was time for dessert…and someone, ahem, Aunt Brianna, made sure Brooke had a chocolate cupcake.



Wait, that's all I get???



She was unhappy when she was done with it, and wanted more…but mama said no!!


She was so exhausted from all the fun, she fell asleep at 7 and did not wake up until 8 am the next morning!  How cute is she?


Daddy's kangaroo from when he was a kid.  I believe it is from Australia.



Thank you Mama D for putting all of this together and for all of the amazing gifts.  Seriously, you put so much time and effort into it all, and basically did it by yourself.  Thank you!! I am so blessed to have you as a mother in law, and we are lucky to have you in our lives. Your grandson is well loved and I am so excited to bring him into our loving world!!  

Thank you for everyone who came that day and has sent us love.  It meant so much to me to feel the love from everyone.  I can't wait to see what life will be like with two kids.  We are so ready to meet you little one, so whenever you are ready, we are here with open arms ready to scoop you up!!  

1 comment:

  1. Awe SO awesome!! I am glad Brad was spoiled silly!! Such cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)