Image Map

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Toronto


Well, I've had enough of reality already haha!  I'm at the point today where I feel like I should try to fall asleep, but the kids will wake up momentarily, so I'll just drink some green tea and blog.

Toronto.

We had so much fun and honestly, couldn't have asked for anything better!


Yup, just us two love birds---the kids spent the weekend with Nana & Papa!  We are so grateful that they enjoy taking the kids and that everyone had a good time together!

We left Thursday after work and made such great time! No lines at the border and no traffic on the QEW.  We've been here a handful of times, so we actually have some favorite "spots" now.



I was hoping to really enjoy this cup of Joe, but sadly, my love for coffee is no more.  It really does give me terrible reflux, so I drank a few sips and switched to my green tea latte.


Breakfast was amazing---homemade biscuits and Eggs Benedict. YUMM!


After our late morning breakfast, we walked around and just enjoyed the quiet!  I loved sporting my red pixie pants and my S&D accessories.


My green tea latte---not sure how they mixed up "Jenn"...


We headed over to the nicer/ritzy part of town and had some lunch at a cute rooftop restaurant.


I forget what Joe ordered, but I know he had ceviche


I went with a salad & grilled chicken, as it was later and we had 7pm dinner reservations.


We had a little trouble finding the place, but we got there eventually!



My hottie hubby.


It was a cute place, nice staff & great food.


He went all out and ordered the $100 caviar.  Pretty good! The brioche they served with it was to die for.


My dinner was basically a deconstructed pot pie, with a bunch of fatty parts of a pig! LOL  It was really darn tasty and something I'll probably never see on a menu again, so I am glad that I ordered it.


We had a slow start to our Saturday and tried out another diner, Fran's and it was really good (we ended up back there on Sunday too!) 


After fueling up, we hit up the mall...Joe wanted to recreate some picture he took of me years ago.  Mama got some new bras--woop woop! And some jeans and a few tops.  Daddy found some really nice shirts and work clothes (much needed!)


I changed into some of my new things and we headed back out again.



There's a cute little area called Kensington market and we went there for some tacos for lunch and to walk around.


We thought this tree was so pretty!


I love this photo.


He looked so hot in his new jacket and shirt, so I had to snap a few photos of him.


This was near the restaurant where we dinner Saturday.  The weather was so nice and we had so much fun just walking around and exploring!


They stuck us right up front in the window.


I ordered the burrata with this amazing basil, lemon, pea, fava bean pesto---omg so good!  Joe went for the paté.


It wasn't terribly late, but we were tired from all of the walking we did so we headed back kind of early. Plus Yonge Street is a bit of a crazy area and with the basketball game (and the full moon!), we weren't sure what would happen.

Sunday we made sure to take our time.  Breakfast.  Last minute shopping. Latté.



Since it was a long weekend, traffic was ridiculous so we took our sweet time riding home.  We took a scenic route that followed the lake and stopped to stretch here.


I always have pictures of him on rocks haha!  I believe this was Burlington Canada.


Of course I played with Snap Chat almost all weekend long!


We saw a really cute little area so we had lunch and they had my favorite wine ever (Santa Margarita) so I obviously had to order! (hello day drinking!)


I remember the first photo I took that looked like this; it was July 11, the day after we got married and we were riding in the Porsche.  I cannot believe that was almost 6 years and 2 kids ago!  Man how time really does fly by.


I'm not sure who needed the little getaway more, me or him.  I don't think it's fair to play that comparison game.  I'm home with two little kids all day while he's away working really hard & long hours.  Most days we are so exhausted, we say a few words and zone out in front of the tv or he plays some video games & I read, or blog or whatever.  

It's life and it's a bit of a rat race at times; we can become very robotic, usually because we are on strict routines, schedules, deadlines, meetings, appointments, you name it.  But to breakaway and become just "Jenn & Joe" is something we need because to have these amazing little moments tucked into my memory, is something that I will think about when I'm lonely and he's working 19 days straight for his tent sale.  

I wanted to stop by the land on the way home and I'm glad that I did.  I now have a new photo of the sun starting to set, on a place where we will make so many more beautiful memories together.  


I'm not exactly sure how we got so lucky to find each other, but I am so happy we did.  I feel as though I have everything I have ever wanted and needed, and I cannot stop dreaming about all of the fun we have to look forward to with our lives.


When you work as hard as we do, you truly enjoy the time when you get to play.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your trip was a total success! That food looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)