Image Map

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Christmas Goodies

I don't know about you, but are you still recovering from Christmas like me??
I have spent lots of time catching up with friends and family and truly enjoying it!
I've worked out quite a bit this week and
am excited to try IM =X Pilates {whatever-the-heck that is?!} today.
I wanted so share a few more gifts I receive/gave.
I guess I really do love my wine!
I got a bottle of my favorite Pinot Grigio from my mother-in-law.
An adorable shoe/wine bottle holder and a fabulous red I cannot wait to try!
A silly cork from my MIL {love the fishnets!}
And a silly Santa costumey thing that goes on a wine bottle from my step-brother.
I also got some beautiful wine charms from Kristin, but that's for another post!
Got Wine?
And one of my favorite gifts I gave to my hubs was a frame with a bunch of photos
that we took on our honeymoon.
I put them all in sepia tone and blew up one of us in Rome.
We had such a magical time!
I can't wait to get it on a wall!
If you want some fabulous baking ideas,
link up over with Michelle at
 
She is quite the baker!
I made a few goodies this year.
If you missed my cookie party post, go check that out!
 I need to start earlier next year!
My favorite goodie I made:
Chocolate Cake Truffles
You can use any boxed cake you want, 
I wanted to do gingerbread, but Sadie {my dog}
licked the cooling gingerbread.
So, chocolate cake it was!
Ingredients:
1 box cake & follow its directions (water/oil/eggs) & bake--let cool
1 tub of frosting (I used vanilla)
Chocolate candy coating or bark (white or regular)

The key with these is COOLING!
They can be icky sticky tricky if you don't!
After you bake the cake, I even let it cool overnight.
Crumble cake into a bowl and stir in frosting.
COOL in fridge or it will be sticky!
Roll into balls.
I put them into the freezer for 20 minutes
Melt the bark and grab some toothpicks and wax paper.
Put the wax paper down on a counter to ensure an easy clean up.
If you have cutsie little truffle cups, use those!
Take each cake ball and with a toothpick, dunk the ball into coating.
If using sprinkles, put them on right away, otherwise they won't stick.
I then put them in the garage on cookie sheets to cool before placing them into 
adorable bags with ribbons.
They make perfect little gifts.
Leftover melted bark?

Those are pretty yummy too!
What goodies did you make this year?

11 comments:

  1. I didn't bake anything this year! Except the Christmas cookies with two of my clients, but those were just break and bake cookies... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked some Christmas cookies (I admit I cheated, thank you Betty Crocker). But I also made Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes and I'm planning on baking Champagne Cupcakes for the NYE party we are going to!

    Oh and I love your new frame of photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you really must love your wine! Pinot grigio is my absolute favorite :) I'm jealous of all of your fun wine stoppers! So cool!

    And I LOVE the photo frame you gave to your husband. What a thoughtful and meaningful present. You went to Rome to your honeymoon? How romantic!!!! When I was there a few summers ago, I kept thinking what an incredible city it would be to have someone you loved there to enjoy it with! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gift you gave your hubby, that is a really cute and thoughtful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wine charms!

    Your chocolate cake truffles look delicious! I love the Sadie licked the gingerbread bowl! Too funny!

    Thanks for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made red velvet cupcakes for christmas eve! Then we made peanut butter blossoms and molasses cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wine cork, so cute!

    I'm a big baker and made a lot of cookies and banana bread this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy goodies! and that is such a great gift your honeymoon photos in a frame, definitely an awesome thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i love wine accessories! such a good hostess gift to give as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious! And I love the shoe bottle holder! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)