Image Map

Monday, October 24, 2011

What a Weekend!

Last Thursday night was finally THE night.

Joe finally got to have his final birthday gift, a surprise date night.....

I bought tickets to a local cooking class on SUSHI MAKING!! :D

Our first date in January of 2008 was a sushi date. We love love love sushi!

If you don't like sushi {or assume you don't because you've never tried it} just do it!
There are so many different kinds.  This class we learned to make avocado rolls, california rolls & a spicy tuna hand roll.  



 Joe's {on left} were far better looking than mine!

Sushi Chef!

It's all about the rice. 


To me, Friday is like our "Saturday" since we get to spend the whole day together.  

We went downtown to a little cafe, Park & Oxford and ordered an amazing sandwich {Grilled Roast Beef with sauteed mushrooms, hot peppers and American cheese on a grilled roll.}
 


~Such a cute cafe~jazz music plays...


I don't know how to pose for these pix!



What I wore:
Shirt: Target {Clearance- $2.50!}
Cardigan: A store in Toronto?
Skirt: F21
Leggings: Charlotte Russe 
Boots: Target
Jacket: I bought in France back in '99 haha.


 Then took care of some business....always working!


Daddy's Girl: Holly



And Sunday brought us Joe's first game of Flag Football...
Call it intuition, I felt compelled to take a 'before' picture.


And the after shot.  

Poor thing sprained his ankle & tore ligaments. Boo! =(


And that concluded our weekend...

Oh, and instead of country ham out at my dad & step-mom's house, we had Tatar-tot Casserole. Recipe to follow!

How were your weekends? Hope you made the most of it!

And always remember...
xoxox

8 comments:

  1. So fun! We did a sushi making class years ago! :) New follower. Thanks for the comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome date! It seriously sounds like so much fun. I'm loving your outfit at the cafe, very cute! And the furbabies... a-dorable!

    Happy Monday :)

    -Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! A sushi date is such a great idea...we'll have to try that! And our Fridays always feel like our Saturdays too, so I know what you mean!
    Hope you have a great week!
    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great date you planned!! must have been a lot of fun, i love trying new things on a date. hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sushi sounds amazing right about now. that sounds like such a fun date girl!! and boo for torn ligaments. those are definitely NO fun!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome present to give your husband! I LOVE sushi though I can never order the right things for myself. I've learned just to let other people handle my sushi ordering :) It turns out better for me that way haha

    And poor Joe with his injury! At least he is still smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vegan sushi from Whole Foods--yum!

    My husband plays flag footbal too, and he often comes home with an injury...hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwee! ;) I have only tried sushi once, I can't really remember the taste but the texteure was enough to make me sickly! So I have passed ever since...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)