Image Map

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Tasty Thursday: Recipe

If you've been with me for awhile, you know we love some Giada up in here.   Her recipes never seem to fail us, and Joe loves anything pasta…so when I saw this last year, I couldn't wait to try it when I wasn't prego!  I decided to give this a whirl over the weekend. Boy, it did not disappoint!

Giada's Penne with Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese 



So yummy!


It doesn't require much, just some simple fresh ingredients.

1 box penne pasta
1 onion
1 butternut squash, cubed and seeded (my store has it all ready in a container!)
1 cup goat cheese (I personally only used 4 oz, as it's pretty powerful!)
it calls for walnuts, but I omitted those since Joe can't do nuts…
I cup packed basil leaves*
1/3 cup of parmesan cheese

425 degree ove-- 
Place sliced onion & squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO, a little salt & pepper.
Bake 40 minutes.

While they cool, boil a pot of water for the pasta, cook as per directions.
Reserve 2 cups of the pasta water.

In a bowl, place goat cheese, basil and add pasta.  
Mix and stir in the pasta water, which should create a creamy mixture.  
Add in the squash/onion.  
Toss with the parm cheese & walnuts if used.

It's a warm, hearty and meatless dish.  Perfect for cool weather in the Fall.  The basil and butternut squash bring a sweet element that mixes well with the goat cheese. 

Enjoy!

*my friend Alison made the suggestion of trying this with sage, as it may be even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)