Image Map

Monday, October 5, 2015

Almond Flour Banana Muffins {healthy}

Do you have some bananas turning brown?  Use them up in this super simple and tasty muffin recipe! I am still trying to keep everyone eating healthy and it's no shock that my toddler likes to eat sweet treats.  While I don't mind the occasional cookie or brownie, I do want to make sure she is getting some more nutrients (as well as myself!) when we indulge.


Original Recipe found {here}


I bet they even freeze well, if you needed something to make ahead and pull out later for an on the go snack!


I had to alter some ingredients and just use what I had on hand.  Here's what I did:

Pre-heat oven to 375 
12 muffin cups

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • ½ cup almond meal
  • ½ cup rolled oats
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed
  • ¼ cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Throw it all into a food processor and divvy it up into cups.  Bake for 10-13 minutes.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)