Image Map

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Ceviche Recipe

I have not shared any of my recipes lately,
--bad blogger--
and I have had this one saved for awhile now.
If you're looking for a simple {somewhat pricey}
but totally WOWing app--
Ceviche is for you!
We came home and replicated it with this recipe!
I have had other amazing ceviches in Mexico as well,
but I still love this one.
It's so easy!
Ingredients:

Ingredients

  • 1 lobster tail
  • 1/2 pound clean, dry sea scallops
  • 4 oranges, juiced
  • 4 lemons, juiced
  • 4 limes, juiced
  • 1 Bermuda onion, sliced thin
  • 2 small chopped tomatoes
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 small jalapeno
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
 Instructions:
1.  Blanch (boil) your lobster & scallops for 6 minutes. 
 {recipe doesn't call for scallops to be done, but we do it just to be safe!}
2. Juice all of your citrus fruits and strain into a bowl.
 3.  Place scallops and lobster into an ice bath to cool.
4.  Dice up the onion, jalapeno, and tomatoes.
5.  Cut up the scallops & lobster meat
6. Add the ketchup, olive oil, cilantro, and gently mix everything together in a large bowl.
7.  Let it sit overnight, or at least 6 hours.
8. Serve with freshly sliced avocado & tortilla chips!
It is best served cold and usually doesn't last too long
{it's so tasty!}

You can add hot sauces to it as well if you'd like.


Recipe adapted from here

2 comments:

  1. I wish we were neighbors so I could eat your yummy food every day. Yes I am assuming if we were neighbors we would just walk in to each other's houses whenever we wanted. We would be those kind of friends, right? :) This sounds so good and makes me wish I were eating it on a patio while drinking a margarita. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that looks seriously good,thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)