Image Map

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social


Sunday Social
This Week's Questions:

1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it?? 
My maiden name was Bliss and when I married, I took my husband's last name.
He's Italian, and Fave derives from the word Fava Bean.
I thought it was cute way to look at my life, going from being a Bliss to a Bean.
It also fits nicely as "bean" can also refer to our little bundle of joy on the way.

2. What do you love the most about blogging?? 
Like most of us, I really love connecting with other like-minded women.
As a housewife--soon to be SAHM, it's a great outlet to find other women,
like myself, who stay home to take care of their families.
I've always love to write and had a diary since second grade.
I find it relaxing as well as a great memory-keeper.
I love looking back at all of my old posts to see what I've done in my life.

3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
{It was pure, raw, and real life. 
It's not always sunshine and rainbows. My husband's last horrific Crohn's attack}
{A poem I wrote after finding out we were finally pregnant!
I couldn't tell the whole blogging world yet, as it was too early on,
and I worried about miscarriage...but I had to have faith & stay positive.}

4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world? 
Just write what about whatever it is you want to write about.
There are no "blog rules" except for the ones you create for yourself.
Know that not everyone in the world will want to read your blog,
and know that that's OK.
NEVER apologize for not writing enough, too much, or about something.
If people don't like what you're writing, guess what?
They don't have to be reading it!!
 
5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had? 
Blogging/social media should not replace real life.
There are times when I purposely don't capture a photo or write about an experience.
I believe that there is a time and place for my i-phone and some things are better
experienced sans media.
I think I've created a healthy balance between real life and the internet world. 
It works for me!
I share what I feel comfortable sharing, not every last detail of my life.

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your learning experience, it's so true! I've always wondered about your blog name, that was nice to read!! What an adorable story!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize that Fave derived from fava bean!! I totally agree with you about not capturing every single thing. There are times when I really want to take a picture and I stop myself because I would rather just be in the moment. MUAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so agree that you can write about whatever you want!

    New follower!

    Have a great Sunday! Come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)