Image Map

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Favorite Beauty Products

I'm definitely not a beauty guru, but with the help of my girlfriends, I am slowly becoming more confident with makeup.  I have some tried and true favorites as well as some newer additions to my routine.

I am not a huge makeup risk taker, but I am trying to venture out of my comfort zone and am willing to try new things!  That said, my skin is super sensitive and very picky.  I have to be really careful with what I use so that I don't breakout. These are just my thoughts and no, I'm not getting paid or sponsored to talk about about any of these!!

Lashes:
I use an eyelash curler and L'oreal has never done me wrong!  I am lucky to have decent lashes and I struggle trying to apply fake ones, so I gave up on that. This is my current favorite!


Toner:
I love the feeling of something freshly sprayed on my face before applying makeup or after taking it off at night.  This Rose water from Younique smells amazing and really helps refresh my skin.


Skin Care:
One of my sister's good friends sells MK so I decided to give it a shot. I have had a few pimples, but I don't think they were caused by this.  (I do get a few every other month) so far I've been using this routine for about a month and a half.  I think my skin is looking quite nice and so far I'm very pleased!  I feel confident just wearing a little cover up and my complexion rescue out and about.



Primer:
After I moisturize, I will put a little bit of this around my nose and forehead.  I feel that it helps my pores look smaller & keep the makeup in place.



Foundation:
This is the hardest for me; I love trying new and different kinds of foundation but my skin really only likes Bare Minerals it seems.  I do like their original mineral powder, but lately this has been my go to.  I like the "Natural 05" shade best for me.  It gives a little bit of a tint; I don't like to look pale.



Under Eye Concealer:
I've tried others, but ALWAYS come back to this. It helps the dark circles and I use it to cover up blemishes too.



Setting Powder:
I didn't really "get" what this did until recently.  After I apply my complexion rescue, I brush on a little bit of this to keep it in place.





Bronzer:


This is a great little travel case and my favorite bronzer right now.  I love that it has a place for lip gloss as I always need gloss.


Brush:
I scooped this big boy up at Target and love using it for my bronzer. It's big and fluffy!


Blush:
If I'm feeling extra flirty, I'll add a little blush to my cheekbones. This is my favorite!


Eye Liner:
I use Bare Minerals. I like the absolute black and usually only line my upper lids slightly; if I want more dramatic (date night) I will line the bottom too.


As for eye shadows, I tend to stick to neutrals/browns. I do like pinks/jewel tones, but I'm still playing around with those.  

New Products:
Eye cream
Liquid Lip 
Eye shadow palette. 

I need to play and report back on these!


Eye cream:
I do wear this at night.  I try to put it on in the morning but there's a lot of other stuff going on and I don't always remember.


After my birthday facial, the girl told me this would help with my "pregnancy mask" and to apply it in the morning.  I am almost out of it and my skin issues have resolved...but the sun has disappeared, so it could be that too! I like this though and would probably use it again.


Removing makeup: 
I'm lazy at night. I try to wash, but some nights I just wipe. These are my go-to.


Sunless Tanner:
My favorite sunless tanner is still this one. I like others, but this gives me the best non-orange, no streak look. I can apply it a few days and it doesn't look weird.  I'm out and need more before Vegas!




I am half tempted to do a get ready with me video, just because it may be fun! But I don't know if I'm ready for that.  

What are your favorite beauty products?  Any tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)