Image Map

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Tips for a New Blogger

I am by no means a blogging pro.  I don't earn an income off of blogging and I don't follow a set schedule.  I have been blogging since 2011 and still blog, so I guess I have some ideas to offer!

1. Figure out your why.  Why do you want to blog in the first place?  For me, it's about clearing my mind, sharing my heart and possibly helping others. I love to document our family experiences, life happenings and what I love.  I also fill that creative writing need that I feel frequently and I enjoy it.  If I ever feel that it's not fun, I'm sure I'll stop.  I've certainly changed what I share throughout the years, but that's only fair since I was a newlywed, no kids and staying home by myself...now I juggle so much more!

2.  Have confidence.  No matter what your purpose is for blogging, just be confident in that and go with it! Don't sit around second guessing yourself; just start typing, add a few photos and voila.  Putting something out there on this web is a little frightening; if you worry about what others will think you'll never have anything to share.  If you feel like you've got something to say, then it's important to say it! You never know who you could be helping by sharing your thoughts online.

3.  Connect with others.  The best part of blogging was the relationships I made when I first started.  I met other wives who stayed home and then became pregnant, now our children are growing up and it's so cool to see that! I have to say that blogging has certainly changed throughout the years, partially I think because social media blew up.  Now you can snap chat, instagram and facebook your day away and don't really need to blog. I still love my little blog, so that's why I still come here.

4.  Consistently post.  Whether it's daily, weekly,  Tuesday and Thursdays, whatever, you really should have a bit of a routine. I feel that when I don't post regularly, I don't have people coming back say hello!  I know life gets busy, but if you don't stick to something, you'll feel guilty and probably give up.  If you happen to post more than what you original thought, awesome!

5.  Be you. Part of me wants to say, don't even worry about what others think.  Everyone has a tip or suggestion these days; I kind of feel overwhelmed in ways.  Blogging is no different.  If you're looking to monetize your blog, it will take a lot of time and effort--more than I currently have to give! But I know it's possibly.  Your blog is your space and you should always have fun.  Don't get caught up with what everyone is doing, and focus on yourself.


Do you want to start blogging? What would you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)