Image Map

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Random Thoughts & What I Wore

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyone's Halloween costumes & such. 
We didn't dress up this year. Maybe next year. :)

 I had fun handing out candy and some of the nicest kids, by nice I mean that they said, "trick-or-treat" and actually used "please" and "thank you," were not our neighborhood kids.

Their parents were in mini-vans and a car (which oddly had a spotlight shining off of it) trailing in the street. 

One little wide-eyed girl, with too-tight of a princess costume on,
looked up inside my home and simply said,
"Wow." 

Their sweet words of how nice these houses are on this street, honestly humbled me. 
I've been driving through my neighborhood for the last 4 years.  Yes, I notice the manicured lawns and pristine gardens, as well as the lovely homes.
 
However, it's nice to be reminded of how blessed Joseph and I are to be where we are today.
As it is all too easy to get caught up in what we don't have.  {No, one day our baby nursery will not exceed 2,000 square feet like Jay-Z & Beyonce's.}
And that's ok!

I wanted to keep them all {Or at least give them the rest of our candy!} 
They we precious.
I wish I could thank them,
but instead I'll begin this November with giving thanks for one thing each day.

I'm grateful for our beautiful home, which keeps us warm and keeps me busy cleaning {all.day.long!}

Note Sadie at the front door =)


What I Wore:

As for my outfit:
{pardon the weird shots--it's so hard to get a good picture of yourself!}



Cardigan: Banana Republic
White ruffle shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Khakis: Marissa fit--Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: BCBG
Earrings: F21
Makeup: BE
 
What will you do to show your gratitude this month?

{P.S.} If you haven't entered my first giveaway, be sure to do so--it's such a cute purse!!
First Giveaway

4 comments:

  1. that outfit is gorgeous!! i love an OOTD photo! and what a great thing say something you are thankful for in November great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to take a step back and realize all of our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moments like that are the best! We really are so so so blessed in comparison with MOST of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't get any trick-or-treaters this year. :( We just stayed in and watched scary movies. We count our blessings every November with our Thank You Jar (see my blog post). It really puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)